Cannot Restore User Account

As of January 2012, Logalot is now part of Scrutinizer v9. Your Logalot license is now a Scrutinizer license. Contact support with questions.

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

clloyd86

Cannot Restore User Account

Post by clloyd86 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 pm

I am having trouble trying to restore a deleted user account and a group in User Manager. I try to add the account and group by clicking "Add Account" under User Manager, fill in all necessary information, and click "Create Account". After that, it tells me that "the account logon has been detected, existing prior to now" and ask if I want to restore the account. So, I click "Restore Account", but it does nothing. It just sends me to the configuration tab, which is blank, and does not restore the account.
Any ideas of what might be going on, how to fix the problem, or how to get the account restored?

tomp
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Restore User Account

Post by tomp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't think there are any know issues with restoration. All seems fine on my installs. Let's try a repair of the user account table in the event there is something wrong.

Navigate to :\SOE\mysql\bin
Execute the following command: mysql -u root --password=soe -e "repair table security.useraccounts USE_FRM\G;"

After the repair, try restoring again and let me know if you are still seeing the same results. We may need to try something more in depth.