logalot apache upgrade

As of January 2012, Logalot is now part of Scrutinizer v9. Your Logalot license is now a Scrutinizer license. Contact support with questions.

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

ldobbins

logalot apache upgrade

Post by ldobbins » Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Can I upgrade Apache on my Logalot appliance or is a newer/upgraded version of apache already included in newer Logalot version?

I tried to upgrade apache to version 2.2.15 but now apache service won't start due to libhttpd.dll error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

scottr

Re: logalot apache upgrade

Post by scottr » Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 am

Hello ldobbins,

What version of Logalot are you running? If you are running on an older version,
we do have a new version of Denika and Logalot (Plixer Tools) that would support Apache 2.2.15.

Please send me an email or call our support team 207 324-8805 x4. We can discuss the upgrade process with you.

Thanks,
Scott
scottr@plixer.com

ldobbins

Post by ldobbins » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks. Sorry for the late response. I will call to see about upgrading to a newer Logalot.

I also have a question about notifications/email alerts. I have configured the Logalot to send email alerts but I noticed that the subject line includes the IP address of the system. Of course that is great information to know but we have a security policy that states 'no IP addresses will be sent in email'. Is there a way around this. Can this be changed to show the hostname instead? Any help is greatly appreciated.

tomp
Site Admin

Post by tomp » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Logalot only performs DNS lookups for the bulletin board, so out of the box all emails will contains the IP address if that is how the event was populated in Logalot. If the events come in as their resolved name Logalot will use that in the emails.

Let me talk to development about this.