Multiple networks with overlapping IP ranges

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

garyelmes

Multiple networks with overlapping IP ranges

Post by garyelmes » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:25 am

Hi

We have a number of customers for whom we offer network operational support services. Many of these customers use overlapping internal IP address ranges, e.g. a 10.1 range.

I'm not sure how I should configure IP Groups, Applications, etc., when the same IP ranges mean different things in different customer contexts. For example, http to 10.1.1.7 might be webmail traffic for one customer, but Citrix Access Gateway traffic for another. I'd like to be able to use application definitions to correctly report traffic for each customer, but I can't see how it can be done.

How can I configure IP Groups, Applications, etc., so that they apply correctly for each of my customers?

JakeB

Re: Multiple networks with overlapping IP ranges

Post by JakeB » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello Garyelmes,

Unfortunately, I don't think we can do that. The IP Group/Application is going to show up globally. We don't have a way of differentiating the traffic among all of the customers devices. You could create multiple IP groups under different names so that you can email the reports out to customers and show them the correct information. let me know if this helps

-Jake