CrossCheck Fault Index

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

jackie005

CrossCheck Fault Index

Post by jackie005 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 am

Need help with these errors please: "Exceeded CrossCheck Fault Index" and "ScrutCollector: Bad Packet Time". What do they mean and how can I resolve them? Thank you in advance

JakeB

Re: CrossCheck Fault Index

Post by JakeB » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

Hello -

"Exceeded CrossCheck Fault Index" means that one of your devices exceeded your configured threshold for Crosscheck (this usually means a device stopped sending flows and stopped responding to pings) The device that triggered this should be shown inside the alarm message.

"ScrutCollector: Bad Packet Time" means that the timestamp on the NetFlow packet that we received differs from the server time which usually indicates a device has the wrong time(NTP)settings.

Let me know if this helps or if I should clarify on anything.

-Jake

jackie005

Post by jackie005 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 am

Yes it does thank you!

jackie005

Post by jackie005 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 am

I'm sorry. I do have another question that may be elementary but, what would make our device exceed our configured threshold for Crosscheck when none of the other devices have exceed it?

dalet0

Post by dalet0 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Jackie005,

crosscheck monitors different forms of device status in scrutinizer, including includes 3rd party applications if configured. Scrutinizer gives a scores to each device status and alert accordingly.

>>
what would make our device exceed our configured threshold for Crosscheck when none of the other devices have exceed it?<<

Here are some questions we may ask:

Is the device pingable from the scrutinizer server?
Is Scrutinizer still receiving flows from it?