Cisco ISE pxgrid

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

aswanson

Cisco ISE pxgrid

Post by aswanson » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 am

Hello

I'm looking at integrating Scrutinizer 15.8.3 with Cisco ISE 1.4 to get user and IP Bindings.I found the following post that showed how to do this using the ISE External RESTful API:

https://forums.plixer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3773

Is this still the best way to acheive ISE/Scrutinizer integration? The following link shows that ISE has 3 APIs - will Scrutinizer support pxgrid at some point?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/do ... html#anc40

The ISE deployment is distributed with 2 Mnt nodes - can both nodes be added to Scrutinizer using the procedure outlined in the above forum thread?

Thanks
Andy

mkrygeri

Re: Cisco ISE pxgrid

Post by mkrygeri » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 am

Hi Andy,
I'll try and answer this as best I can.
Is this still the best way to acheive ISE/Scrutinizer integration?
Yes. The REST API is the best way to get this integration right now.
The following link shows that ISE has 3 APIs - will Scrutinizer support pxgrid at some point?

Scrutinizer currently supports the REST API method to retrieve user data. pxGrid integration is under active development and should be added in to the core product by the end of the year.
The ISE deployment is distributed with 2 Mnt nodes - can both nodes be added to Scrutinizer using the procedure outlined in the above forum thread?
Yes. Multiple MNT nodes can be added using the method shown in the link you posted.

Also. Scrutinizer may require a hotfix to allow it to talk to 1.4. If you get an error saying your version is unsupported, please contact us for assistance.

Mike Krygeris

aswanson

Re: Cisco ISE pxgrid

Post by aswanson » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks Mike. I'll work through the method mentioned in the thread.
Cheers
Andy