Unable to see flows in Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

pohjaton

Unable to see flows in Scrutinizer

Post by pohjaton » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi, I installed today a scrutiniser evaluation version to test out whether this tool would provide me something that I am currently missing. I know I have the flexible netflow correctly configured as my other tools are able to receive the information and TCPDUMP from shell shows packets being sent by the device to virtual appliance on port 2055 but nothing is showing up. When I add the device to export stats to scrutinizer it shows me an alarm that new exporter is seen but when trying to find it, I cannot.
What can I do more to check where the data is going and why it is not showing anything. like said I only downloaded the ESX image with evaluation license to try it out and license part shows that I have 30 days left.

tomp
Site Admin

Re: Unable to see flows in Scrutinizer

Post by tomp » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:19 pm

What does your flexible netflow record look like? Do you have the full netflow tuple?

I can have an engineer assist you, we should be able to identify this quickly. PM me with your contact information and I'll have someone reach out immediately.

- Tom