Exporter is not showing up in Scritinizer with correct IP

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

Rich_pekarsky

Exporter is not showing up in Scritinizer with correct IP

Post by Rich_pekarsky » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 pm

All,
I have been going round and round on this issue with tech support and can't find an answer. I am using Flexible netflow from a cisco router. I configure the exporter to use source g0/0/0.1.
The problem happens when I have several tunnel interfaces available to get back the the core, scrutinizer shows the exported as the ip for one of my tunnels and not the source ip/interface stipulated in the exporter.
Now this in and of itself is not a game killer, but what happens is I create maps, reports etc from the exporter and somehow later on that exported goes red and then I find another exporter in the ungrouped session with the router name, but a different ip address. We performed a packet capture for the g0/0/0.1 interface address and the only time it was populated was when I used it as the source ip for a ping. I am at the end, any help?

Chris

Re: Exporter is not showing up in Scritinizer with correct IP

Post by Chris » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 am

A few questions:

From perspective of the source interface you specified, is the Route to the exporter-target going through the tunnels?
I would speculate that either you have some kind of NAT running on the interfaces and/or load-sharing, which could confuse the Collector. Also, the Source Interface is a Layer3 interface? i am not sure what would happen if the source interfaces does not have an IP.