Reset Denika username/password

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

askingfor

Reset Denika username/password

Post by askingfor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,
The company I work for have recently taken over a server running scrutinizer/denika. (with License for 5 devices) I've got administrator access to the machine, and I've got the passwords to get into Scrutinizer. However, I have not been provided with the Denika username/password to get me into the Denika web interface. And all the previous people who set it up are long gone. Is there a way to reset the (admin?) user account on the Denika install?

If not, If i uninstall and reinstall denika, will i lose any data it had been collecting? Is there a way to not lose this data?
Perhaps is it going to generate its reports from the Scrutinizer database?

Thanks for your help.
I've looked around on here and the wider internet for an answer, and I've had a look at the mysql databases that Scrutinizer is using to see if anything in there helped but alas I can't find an answer.

jghidoni
Site Admin

Re: Reset Denika username/password

Post by jghidoni » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

Hello,

You can reset the admin password using the cli.exe utility (Command Line Interface).

cli.exe -password [USER] [PASSWORD]

Open a command prompt on the Denika server, navigate to soe\cgi-bin (or if Denika is installed over Scrutinizer, scrutinizer\cgi-bin), and run:

soe\cgi-bin> cli.exe -password admin admin

That will reset the admin user's password to admin.

Then you can access Denika and go to Menu->Control Center->User Manager, and change the admin user password to something more secure.

- Joanne

askingfor

Re: Reset Denika username/password

Post by askingfor » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:39 am

Super! Worked a charm, thanks for the speedy response and the excellent instructions. FIXED! :D
Thanks again