Screen Hangs in Discovery

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

shinge

Screen Hangs in Discovery

Post by shinge » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:39 am

Hi

I have installed Denika onto a windows2003 box and my windows XP machine and have the same problem on both.

When try to discover a single device and click the discover button the page just appears to hang.

The page just goes blank and all i get it the small blue square with the i on it spinning round.

I have tested SNMP connectivity using the free tool and the devise responded no problems.

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

nathanh
Site Admin

Re: Screen Hangs in Discovery

Post by nathanh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 am

hey there Shinge,

Sounds like you are using Firefox as your browser, when doing the discovery. We do support the Firefox browser with Denika, but if you use IE, the discovery should proceed fine.
This is an issue that we'll be resolving shortly, once we finish the Scrutinizer v7 project.

Thanks for your patience.

shinge

Post by shinge » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:07 am

Hi Guys

Thanks your your reply this fault occurs in IE as well as Firefox

Many thanks
Stuart

nathanh
Site Admin

Post by nathanh » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 am

Does this happen with all new devices you are trying to discover?

jghidoni
Site Admin

Post by jghidoni » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Are you using IE8?

If so, if you click on the Compatibility view icon to the right of the URL field at the top of the browser window, it should then continue the discovery without just hanging on the blank page.