Can DWMY charts update automatically?

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

tagarber

Can DWMY charts update automatically?

Post by tagarber » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I am trying to save a monthly chart automatically the first of each month by copying off the .png image (ie copy p:\SOE\pub\reports\images\1331-Monthly.png). It does not appear that the monthly .png image gets updated unless I hit the URL with a browser first (ie http://denika.wthg.com:8181/cgi-bin/den ... ?dwmy=1331). Is there any way keep these current without manual action? Thanks.

erikp

Re: Can DWMY charts update automatically?

Post by erikp » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello Tagarber-

The images are created on demand when a report is viewed. The only solution I can think of is this:

You can run "\cgi-bin\denika.exe -email -report 1331 -to tagarber@company.com -tf daily" in a scheduled batch file. That will create \pub\reports\images\1331-email.png (and email it to you). You can then grab the image and run with -tf weekly. -tf is timeframe. You can run denika.exe -email to see all possible options.

Other than that, you will need to access the web interface to update the images.

I hope this helps,

-Erik