Is there a Juniper equivalent to CBQoS?

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

ftboomer1

Is there a Juniper equivalent to CBQoS?

Post by ftboomer1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 am

My main WAN routers are Juniper M7i's and my branch routers are primarily Cisco ISR routers. I am currently needing to validate and monitor our QoS policies and about to (demo) install Denika to do this.

My question is if there is an equivalent SNMP monitor to CBQoS for the JUNOS devices?

mkrygeri

Re: Is there a Juniper equivalent to CBQoS?

Post by mkrygeri » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 pm

I did some looking around and found that Juniper does have a QoS MIB that can be used to monitor some QoS metrics. Denika does not have support for these naively.
Denika has the flexibility to allow you to create new templates based on these MIBs. If you need assistance with this process, Plixer support can help. This forum can help if you if you can tell us what metrics you are looking to trend.

Here is a link to more info about this MIB
http://www.oidview.com/mibs/4874/Juniper-QoS-MIB.html

Mikek