Denika Polling Disabled in Reports

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

LarryBowers

Denika Polling Disabled in Reports

Post by LarryBowers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm

I installed the latest version (the free version) of Denika about 2 weeks ago. It has been working just fine. Did this to see if a memory problem cleared up - the old version was 6.5

I came into the office this morning after being gone for a week and noticed that about 4 days ago the Denika graphs stopped updating. On the PC console were two messages about an invalid memory reference - so the new version did not fix my problem. I have seen this memory error with version 6.5 and do a reboot of the PC to fix it.

So I did the 'ol three finger restart, twice, waited 15-20 minutes but none of the graphs are showing any data.

I readded a device, waited 15 minutes and that is showing graphs

So poked around and found in report manager all the original reports show polling is disabled.

So how do I reenable polling?

This is the 'free' version so I did go into the licensing configuration and I blanked out the license key. Also I did notice in the config area there a setting 'Days to Disable Reports' that was set to 3. I change it to zero. Waited 15 minutes but no change. I did not reboot the pc after that . Anything else to look at?

Thanks

Larry

dalet0

Re: Denika Polling Disabled in Reports

Post by dalet0 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi LarryBowers,

There should be an "Enable All" in the upper right corner of "Admin Tools->Report". Clicking that will enable all your reports.

I think you should be all set.

LarryBowers

Post by LarryBowers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Dale,

Yep reenabled all reports. waited 30 minutes but no no data. So thought what the heck - reboot the pc again.

And now the graphs are showing up. Thanks you for the follow-up.

If I may ask. I think the cause was a memory reference error (denika-util.exe - application error - The instruction at 0x..... referenced memory at 0xfffff... The memory could not be "read"). I have gotten this probably a half dozen times this summer and a few time before that this year. So I upgraded (rather uninstalled old, installed new then rebuilt all the reports) from 6.5 to the latest version. After this last issue it looks like it is still there. This is a VMware virtual machine. Have you heard of a memory errors like this occuring in Denika??

Thanks again

Larry

tomp
Site Admin

Post by tomp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi Larry,

As far as we know there is no a memory leak, however something like active/on access virus scanning can cause those type of errors.

Do you have active/on access virus scanning enabled on that server? If so, please put an exclusion on the (active/on access) scanning for the [HOME]\Plixer Tools\ directory and set up a scheduled scan.

- Tom

LarryBowers

Post by LarryBowers » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 am

OK, I'll set an exclusion on that directory and below it and see what shakes out.

Thanks

Larry