Graph Overview

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

Larsen

Graph Overview

Post by Larsen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:35 am

Every week, we must screen print the graph of usage from Denika for the previous week. We only want Monday 6am to Friday 6pm. The problem is that we have 50 graphs to do this for. Currently, we click on the device, find the WAN interface, modify the date range, then use snipping tool to pull it off.

We currently have a group with all the WAN interfaces in it, but the summary page only shows the last 24 hours. We would like to setup a group with all our reports in it and be able to modify the dates and do the previous week.

Has anyone tried this, or know if it is even feasible?

THANK YOU!

pauld

Re: Graph Overview

Post by pauld » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 am

Hi Larsen,

The Denika reports all default to last 24 hours in the web interface, but I think we can do one better for you.

You can schedule a Denika group to be emailed on a weekly basis, so you don't have to go through an screen capture each report.

Here are the steps to schedule a report to be emailed:

1) Login to the Denika server and open the Denika web itnerface then navigate to Menu -> Control Center -> Task Scheduler.

2) Click the "New" button to create a new task

3) Under "Task" click Browse and Navigate to denika.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Plixer\cgi-bin\denika.exe)

4) Save your task and the "Task" box will now allow you to enter in parameters

5) In the Task box after denika.exe fill in the necessary arguments:

You can find the Group ID under Menu -> Denika -> Denika Admin Tools -> Manage Groups -> Select the group -> Click Manage and then it will display the Group ID

Example: denika.exe -email -tp weekly -group 4 -to pauld@plixer.com -subject "Weekly Denika Trend"

USAGE:
-tp Time Period. ex: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly
-i Email all report for an IP ex: -i x.x.x.x
-report Email a report based on report ID ex: -report 73
-group Email a group based on group ID ex: -group 4
-to To Email Address
-subject Email Subject (optional, must be quoted)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Paul