Percent of ceiling / Email Port Utilization Report

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

daniel2002p

Percent of ceiling / Email Port Utilization Report

Post by daniel2002p » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Have an interesting issue here... When looking at the Topn reports I usually look at the port utilization to find if any sites are hurting for bandwidth and everything seems to work except one of our routers seems to always report more than 100% since it thinks it only has 100mb available even though the max is set to 1gb. What am I missing here? Screenshots attached.

Also is there a way to get a daily email with the Port Utilization report as shown in the Topn area?

--Dan
Attachments
Two.jpg
Two.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 967 times
One.jpg
One.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 967 times

pauld

Re: Percent of ceiling / Email Port Utilization Report

Post by pauld » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:07 am

Hello Dan,

If you go under Admin Tools -> Reports -> Select Edit on your Port Utilization report, you will see the field that controls the maximum bandwidth. You can change it to 1Gb from 100Mb.

Here are the instructions I have for scheduling reports, you can schedule and email a port group, but not the TopN report itself:

# Scheduling Emailed Reports in Denika

1) On the Denika server open up PlixerTools and navigate to Menu -> Control Center -> Task Scheduler.
2) Click the "New" button to create a new task
3) Under "Task" click Browse and Navigate to denika.exe (C:\Program Files\Plixer\cgi-bin>denika.exe)
4) Save your task and the "Task" box will now allow you to enter in parameters
5) In the Task box after denika.exe fill in the necessary arguments:

Example: denika.exe -email -tp weekly -report 73 -to pauld@plixer.com -subject "Weekly Denika Trend" -percent 1

USAGE:
-tp Time Period. ex: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly
-i Email all report for an IP ex: -i x.x.x.x
-report Email a report based on report ID ex: -report 73
-group Email a group based on group ID ex: -group 4
-to To Email Address
-subject Email Subject (optional, must be quoted)
-percent 1 (This will email the report in percent)

6) Select when you would like the task to run (all sections must have a selection Minutes, Hours, Days of the Month, Months and Days of the Week)
7) Save your task
8 ) Under Menu -> Control Center -> Configuration Editor -> SOE verify you have your mail server settings configured properly.
9) Celebrate

Thanks,
Paul

daniel2002p

Post by daniel2002p » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:26 am

Thanks for the reply Paul. The thing is the circuit is 1gb not 100mb as the report seems to suggest and it shows that we are using almost 200% of this. The ceiling is set to 1gb which is what the circuit is, just not sure why the graphs still show only 100mb.

--Dan

pauld

Post by pauld » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:50 am

Hello Dan,

I recommend logging into your device and confirming that the bandwidth statement is set to 1Gb for the interface in question and then re-discover the report in Denika. The other option you have is to override the devices bandwidth statement by manually entering in the maximum port speed per my previous suggestion.

Unfortunately, since Denika is end of life we have very limited support on this product.

- Paul