import SonicWALL syslogs into LogsAlot?

As of January 2012, Logalot is now part of Scrutinizer v9. Your Logalot license is now a Scrutinizer license. Contact support with questions.

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

wayne_ha

import SonicWALL syslogs into LogsAlot?

Post by wayne_ha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm

hello - is it possible to view SonicWALL syslogs within LogsAlot? if so can someone please outline the process or refer me to some documentation. thanks in advance.

mpatters

Re: import SonicWALL syslogs into LogsAlot?

Post by mpatters » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Yes, you can look at sonicwall syslogs with Logalot. We do it internally with our sonicwall.

I've called and spoken to the folks at Sonicwall about NetFlow. They do not support it and I know of no plans.

We purchased a Cisco ASA and are in the process of moving away from the Sonicwall.

wayne_ha

Post by wayne_ha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:41 pm

would you kindly outline the process required or direct me to some documentation. thanks.

mpatters

Post by mpatters » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:00 pm

please reference the manual or call us for support.

jghidoni
Site Admin

Post by jghidoni » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Logalot just listens for syslogs. So you need to make sure that the Logalot Syslogd service is running, then configure your sonicwall to send the syslogs to the Logalot server.

The default port that Logalot uses to listen for syslogs is port 514, so if you have not changed that, that is the port you would send to.

We have documentation for Logalot on our site at:

http://www.plixer.com/cgi-bin/help.cgi

That will give you more specifics on using Logalot to process the syslogs once they are received.

- Joanne