Threshold emails - limit to certain hours

Scrutinizer is an enterprise/business class NetFlow and sFlow analysis tool. Scrutinizer provides historical trends of the company's critical network interfaces as well as the details on:

Who: The end system causing the traffic
What: The application/protocol that is being used
When: The time frame it has been occurring for
Where: The network connection that is affected

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

daniel2002p

Threshold emails - limit to certain hours

Post by daniel2002p » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 pm

I have just inherited the administration of this and have a question. I have set up email notifications for threshold violations on interfaces on certain routers in the firm and all that works just fine but I would like to only email me when its within business hours since overnight backups run and pretty much take up most if not all available bandwidth.

I found the Business Hours section but not sure what this does. If I enable Business Hours will this limit the email from coming through only during this time?

Thanks,
--Dan

ryans

Re: Threshold emails - limit to certain hours

Post by ryans » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am

Hello Daniel,

As of now, we are working on a way to limit emailing alerts to just working hours. If the alarm is triggered, as of v12.1, an email will be sent with no regard to timing.

Also, the Business Hours setting is used when you run a report, you can use the drop down menu to change the time frame to business hours for yesterday or today.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Ryan