Denika Error Message

Denika Performance Trender™ is a 100% web configurable view into the performance of your IT and IS resources. Denika answers: How much of the resource (network bandwidth, CPU, hard drive, etc.) is being consumed? What is the Up-Time of an important application, server and or network device? What is the Response-Time of an important application, server and or network device?

Moderators: scottr, Moderator Team

LarryBowers

Denika Error Message

Post by LarryBowers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

Recently I added a gig or RAM and a second CPU to a virtual (VMware) XP in preparation to installanother application. Several times since Denika has stopped with this message on the console screen...

perl.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x...... referenced memory at 0xffffffff. The memory could not be read.

This occured twice before the new application was installed (but after the virtual PC hardware changes) and once afterwards.

Any idea what's up with this?

Dineka version is 6.5
Last edited by LarryBowers on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

dalet0

Re: Dinaka Error Message

Post by dalet0 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am

Hi LarryBowers,

Is rebooting the host an option?

Danny

LarryBowers

Re: Dinaka Error Message

Post by LarryBowers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am

yep that fixes it but just wondered why it is happening. I've seen this error before maybe 6 months or so ago.

Hey another question I can't seem to get answered - I'm on version 6.5 - the free version. Any way to upgrade to the latest -
I think version 8?

thanks

LArry

dalet0

Re: Denika Error Message

Post by dalet0 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:04 am

You can certainly upgrade to the latest.

If you send me a test email at [email protected], I'll reply with the upgrade instructions.

Just keep in mind that the latest version no longer has syslogging.